How to be a Brain Friendly Trainer™
Transform Your Training in 3 Terrific Days
Plan for Building Your Learning
Stage 1. Preparation
Before you attend:
- Questionnaires – so you begin to understand more about learning preferences
- Pre-reading – an ebook outlining the principles and benefits of brain friendly learning.
- Learning needs analysis – so that we can ensure the emphasis of the programme meets your specific needs.
- You decide on a real workplace application that you want to design and deliver.
This element begins to programme your brain for learning yourself (because you’re usually wearing the facilitator’s hat), and encourages you to think about what learning outcomes are most important for you. This means you will hit the ground running on Day 1.
Stage 2. Face to face workshop
Laying Firm Foundations
- Tools to get everyone talking and learning – as soon as you arrive!
- How to stimulate the brain to stay alert during presentations, learning and knowledge transfer.
- Mind mapping – a fantastic tool for all brain friendly learning facilitators.
- Planning all aspects of learning, the brain friendly way.
Building the Structure
- The 6-step learning process – how to achieve consistent success with all you design, develop and deliver.
- Motivating ideas to keep the audience engaged, responsive and refreshed, whatever the content!
- How do the 5 senses affect how everyone absorbs information and learning? – designing materials and resources for all preferences.
- The theory and practice of the multiple intelligences and their importance in making learning meaningful to all. Amongst other things, this knowledge helps to minimise challenge in the learning environment.
- Effective methods to trigger your audience’s memory for all the facts and figures you present – you’ll learn well over 40!
- Identify 57 ways to test learners’ understanding of what has been learned.
- Discover the impact of using reviews to retain learning; this is the key to workplace transfer and long-term memory.
- How learning preferences are a major factor within diversity management which you can’t afford to ignore.
- Participate in our live demonstration of how to bring everything you learn together, which we apply to a technical topic – so you can see, hear and experience how to do it yourself.
- Why creativity is important in learning and how to get your own creative juices flowing ready for your session.
- Framing learning through themes and how to open sessions in ways which engage all your learners.
- Learning to use media and a treasure trove of value for money resources, in a brain friendly way.
- Design time for your very own session – to be based on a real work application for you.
- Refresher on how to give feedback constructively.
- Practical delivery of your session to a small group.
- Feedback from your peers and ideas for developing your session further.
The Grand Design
- How to evaluate creatively and to get workplace results.
- Ask the experts – Q & A session to answer any questions you may have left.
- Effective closes – how to end on a high to make learning stick.
- Transforming your learning into action when you’re back at work.
Throughout the learning, and at the start and end of each day, you will experience multi-sensory, multiply-intelligent ways in which you can review learning to ensure people remember it for longer. These ideas are immediately transferable into your own learning designs.
Stage 3. Embedding
How to transfer learning after
- Further resources from us to complete your brain friendly experience.
- Access to photos of the entire workshop to keep your memories alive.
- Networking with your group to follow up items of interest.
- Ongoing support from us as you refine your sessions into workplace reality.
If you prefer pictures, here’s what we’ve just said above, put another way…